CURRENT VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES
VBS 2019 STUDENT VOLUNTEERS
VBS 2019 ADULT VOLUNTEERS
Volunteers are needed daily to ensure that VBS runs smoothy and efficiently. Volunteer positions have flexible schedules. All volunteers are asked to attend training on Saturday, July 13th from 9:00am-1:00pm, and to perform a background check. Adult volunteer positions are as follows:
- Crafts: Assists children with crafts and ensures that the Bible lesson is connected to the craft each day.
- Games/Water Slides: Assists children at the game station or at water slides.
- Imagination Station: Helps facilitate children as they do a science experiment with real life applications of the lessons.
- Snacks: Helps prepare the snacks for the children to have later in the day. Hours of service are 8:30am-11:00am each day.
- Special Needs Assistance: Glenkirk makes every effort to accommodate children. These leaders spend time with children with special needs, assuring they are engaged and able to participate.
- Prayer Team: Prays daily over our VBS program, as well as for specific children and leaders. This group will meet on campus during the morning hours.
- Set Building / Equipment Installation: Helps decorate our campus and helps install lights, sets, and decorations on various days.
- Nurses: Stands by at the first aid station and at our water slide rotation, providing care for children during the day.
- Registration / Check In and Check Out: Checks in and checks out children as they arrive and leave each day. Hours of service from 8:00-9:30am and another shirt from 1:00-2:50pm.
- Parking Attendants: Directs cars in the parking lot, greets guests, and helps families find the check in area. Hours of service during the morning hours from 8:00-9:30am and another shift from 1:00-2:00pm. Flexible shifts available.
- Goodie Bag Delivery: The weekend before VBS, we will be delivering special goodie packages to our registered campers’ homes with their camp shirt and other goodies for their week. Each driver will be responsible for only 10 homes!
- Tech Team: Helps with video, sound, and photography.
VBS Work Days | July 6 and 7, July 13 and 14
VBS is approaching and we need a lot of volunteers to make VBS happen! Work days leading up to VBS is when we will be building sets and decorating our campus! If you would like to volunteer for a work day, please sign up below:
AWANA | WEDNESDAYS | 6:30-7:30pm
Our AWANA Clubs are looking for some addition hands in to help run our program beginning in the Fall! Volunteers will be in the small group rooms to help kids with their handbooks. For more information, CLICK HERE to email Caitlyn.